PROFESSIONAL ETHICS AND CODE OF CODUCT FOR TEACHERS
Obligations towards Student
- Treat all students with love and affection.
- Respect the value of being just and impartial to all students irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, sex, economic status, disability, language and place of birth.
- Facilitate students’ physical, social, intellectual, emotional, and moral development –all round personality
- Respect basic human dignity of the child in all aspects of school life.
- Make planned and systematic efforts to facilitate the child to actualize his/her potential and talent.
- Transact the curriculum in conformity with the values enshrined in the Constitution of India.
- Adapt his/her teaching to the individual needs of students.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the information concerning students and dispenses such information only to those who are legitimately entitled to it.
- Refrain from subjecting any child to fear, trauma, anxiety, physical punishment, sexual abuse, and mental and emotional harassment.
- Keep a dignified demeanor commensurate with the expectations from a teacher as a role model.
Obligations towards Parents, Community and Society
- Establish a relationship of trust with parents/guardians in the interest of all round development of students.
- Desist from doing anything which is derogatory to the respect of the child or his/her parents/guardians.
- Strive to develop respect for the composite culture of India among students.
- Keep the country uppermost in mind, refrains from taking part in such activities as may spread feelings of hatred or enmity among different communities, religious or linguistic groups.
Obligations towards the Profession and Colleagues
- Strive for his/her continuous professional development.
- Create a culture that encourages purposeful collaboration and dialogue among colleagues and stakeholders.
- Take pride in the teaching profession and treats other members of the profession with respect and dignity.
- Refrain from engaging himself/herself in private tuition or private teaching activity.
- Refrain from accepting any gift, or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions.
- Refrain from making unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues or higher authorities.
- Avoid making derogatory statements about colleagues, especially in the presence of pupils, other teachers, officials or parents.
- Respect the professional standing and opinions of his/her colleagues.
Maintain confidentiality of information concerning colleagues and dispenses such information only when authorized to do so.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR ADMINSTRATIVE AND LIBRARY STAFF MEMBERS
- Treat all students with love and affection and maintain the sanctity of institutional environment.
- Respect and be impartial to all students irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, sex, economic status, disability, language, and place of birth.
- Maintain confidentiality of the information concerning each student and staff members. Reveal such information only to those who are legitimately entitled to itand when authorized to do so.
- Refrain from subjecting any student to fear, trauma, anxiety, physical punishment, sexual abuse, or mental and emotional harassment.
- Desist from any action that is derogatory to the dignity of the students or their parents/guardians.
- Abstain from physical contact and emotional attachment with students unless otherwise there is a clearly defined purpose that is positively oriented, while continuously ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Keep the love for our nation and loyalty towards it and refrain from any activities that may spread the feelings of hatred or enmity among different communities, religious or linguistic groups.
- Refrain from accepting any gift, or favour that might impair or appear to influence any significant decisions or actions.
- Refrain from making unsubstantiated allegations or derogatory statements against colleaguesor others, especially in the presence of pupils, other teachers, officials, or parents.
- Maintain punctuality, honesty and commitment towards duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain discipline and follow rules and regulations of the institution.
Proper maintenance the records of respective portfolio and keep confidentiality of information concerning colleagues and students. Dispense such information only when authorized to do so.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENT- TEACHERS
- Respect the national values of secularism, socialism, democracy& federalism.
- Respect the rights and never engage in any activity that affects the integrity and freedom of others.
- Respect the dignity of others irrespective of their caste, creed, language, and culture.
- Respect the rules of the institution and follow the rules with utmost care and do everything based on conviction.
- Respect the multi-ethnic and linguistic diversity of the nation and adapt in such a way that is accommodative of the variety in lifestyles and practices.
- Wear modest dress that conforms to the expected appearance of a teacher never prompting the students to distract their attention to the learning experiences.
- Be punctual in the college and make use of all the learning experiences provided in the college.
- Stick to the time frame given by teachers and complete the expected works in time.
- Conserve nature and reduce pollution.
- Use water and power judiciously and encourage others to follow sustainable practices.
- Keep the surroundings of the campus clean
- Maintain a teacher personality in all aspects of life with a vision of social engineering.
- Maintain a culture of give and take respect whenever interacting with staff and other students.
- Ensure the value Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu to the welfare of all stake holders.
Code of Conduct- MTTC